Another Website about Everyday Dining » What's for Dinner? » What’s for dinner? – March 12, 2011

What’s for dinner? – March 12, 2011

It’s Saturday and I’m just back from Only Son’s basketball game.  It was a playoff game in a county-run league, but unfortunately his team lost.  Oh well, he is going to a one of his best friend’s surprise birthday party tonight and it is Vegetarian Daughter’s last night here (so she’ll probably be out with friends), so I figure they’re both accounted for re: dinner this evening.  Have to figure out something for me and Beautiful Wife though!  Absolutely no ideas going through my head, but I’m thinking I might make the Shanghai Noodles I made a while ago, except use shrimp instead of chicken.  That way Vegetarian Daughter can have some when she gets home later in the evening.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Still thinking …

Update:  As it turns out, I did make the Shanghai Noodles and they were/are delicious.  I doubled the recipe to ensure leftovers.  It is a noodle dish that seems to get better every day for several days.  When I prepared the dish, I followed the recipe, but also added about 1/4 cup teryaki sauce and about 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.  I think the original recipe is a little tight, so needs a bit of extra liquid, and also needs a bit more flavor that is delivered by the teryaki sauce.

Written by

Filed under: What's for Dinner? · Tags:

One Response to "What’s for dinner? – March 12, 2011"

1. Mike says:

Lovely write, incredible webpage design and style, maintain the great work

Leave a Reply