Another Website about Everyday Dining » FoodBlog, What's for Dinner? » What’s for dinner? – June 14, 2011

What’s for dinner? – June 14, 2011

Kind of an overcast afternoon here and I’ve got a bunch of leftovers in the fridge.  Tonight will be what we call “pick up sticks” – AKA leftover night.  I’ll make a big salad with greens, spinach and maybe some protein (chicken, ham, cheese?), but we have mac and cheese, a zucchini and squash pasta sauce with linguine, and a pasta dish I made last night.  Big Girl sent me some recipes she had collected over time and one of them was Mom’s Baked Chicken & Spinach Pasta.  The picture looks delicious, so I decided to give it a try.  I followed the recipe very diligently, but I just wasn’t crazy about the result.  To my taste, it needed a bit more moisture of some sort – something to sauce it up a little bit.  I had some buttermilk and heavy cream in the fridge, so I added a bit, mixed it in, and baked it some more.  I think it was an inspired modification!  Creamy, a little salty, and the chicken and spinach give it some oomph! but keep it healthy (well, except for the heavy cream :=)

So leftovers tonight, along with a big salad – and rain I think!

Written by

Filed under: FoodBlog, What's for Dinner?

Comments are closed.