Another Website about Everyday Dining » What's for Dinner? » What’s for dinner? – June 10, 2011

What’s for dinner? – June 10, 2011

Yay, it’s Friday!  A hot Friday here in the National Capital Area, so I’m thinking of cooking something for dinner that I can largely prepare a bit earlier in the day and then serve at dinner, after the house (and me) cool off after slaving over the hot stove.  My favorite grocery store had a special on (frozen) shrimp last week – buy two 2-pound bags of shrimp and get three free (what?)!  Each bag was $27.98, so it was a total of about 56 dollars, but ended up with 10 pounds of 21-30 shrimp – so even a decent size shrimp.

So what to make?  Hmmm … Maybe something that everyone (Beautiful Wife, Big Girl + BF, LIttle Miss, Only Son and usually a straggler or two, especially on Friday) can do final preparation themselves.  A sandwich maybe – how about a Po Boy?!?  Soft rolls, lettuce, tomatoes, various condiments and fried shrimp adds up to Shrimp Po Boys – that is the ticket!  I’ll let you know how they turn out (I’m thinking super delicious!).

Written by

Filed under: What's for Dinner?

Leave a Reply