Another Website about Everyday Dining » FoodBlog, What's for Dinner? » What’s for dinner? – July 17, 2011

What’s for dinner? – July 17, 2011

The harvest continues unabated! We have now gotten out the big, beautiful bowl we use for large quantities of pasta or salad and filled it with fresh tomatoes and using it as a centerpiece for the dining room table! Lots of ‘maters! So the other day I made a Simple Cooked Tomato Salsa – though I only used four tomatoes. Still with eating a tomato sandwich for lunch every day and finding new recipes for tomatoes, we’ll enjoy every fat, delicious one of them. Heck, we might even have a half-bushel to bring to the beach in a few weeks to share with our 30-some relatives we’ll visit with then.

But tonight, I think I’ll use the Simple Cooked Tomato Salsa as an ingredient in a nice, big pot of black bean soup. No recipe for this, I’ll just wing it. My homemade salsa, black beans, vegetable broth and some seasoning (red pepper flakes, cumin, oregano?) and soup should be on! I’ll get a fresh baguette from the Harris Teeter and voila – dinner for the fam. Big Girl is at the beach with her BF, but Little Miss and Only Son here – and of course Beautiful Wife. Sounds like a plan!

Written by

Filed under: FoodBlog, What's for Dinner?

Leave a Reply