Another Website about Everyday Dining » FoodBlog, What's for Dinner? » What’s for dinner? – August 2, 2011

What’s for dinner? – August 2, 2011

Getting ready to go to the beach on Saturday for the week, so to get in the spirit, I’ll make something from the sea!  How about crabcakes?  Always a hit and easy to make.  Crab meat is on sale at the Harris Teeter, so I’ll grab a pound or so and make crab cakes.  I found a recipe that uses Panko bread crumbs – I love their extra crunch when frying, and I think they’ll work well with crab to give it some body, but without too much bread in the actual cake.  Panko Crab Cakes and Tartar Sauce also includes a recipe for homemade tartar sauce – though I always thought that was just mayonnaise and sweet pickle relish!  This recipe looks like it has a little more depth of flavor – love the dash of Tabasco!

Not sure what to serve with the crab cakes – maybe a green salad or something a little more interesting (broccoli salad, snow pea salad?).  My family is not crazy about cole slaw (I love it), so that’s not really a possibility.  Oh well, I’ll figure it out.  Chow!

Written by

Filed under: FoodBlog, What's for Dinner?

Comments are closed.