Another Website about Everyday Dining » What's for Dinner? » What’s for dinner? – April 19, 2011

What’s for dinner? – April 19, 2011

Zucchini Latkes

I’m thinking of making something kind of light and simple for dinner tonight, but not sure what.  It’s kind of a cloudy day, though not chilly.  Beautiful Wife is making zucchini bread in the kitchen … and she just said that she has a fair amount of extra, raw, grated zucchini.  “Can we make zucchini latkes?” she asks.  What an interesting idea!

Took about two seconds to find a bunch of recipes online for zucchini latkes – most have some potato in the mix, and seem pretty similar to any other latke recipe, I suppose.  Here’s one that looks good – Zucchini Latkes – on the Food Network website.  I’ve also found a page called, “Not Your Grandmother’s Latkes”, with some interesting and different ways to serve them.  It mentions the traditional sour cream and apple sauce, but also topped with caviar, cooked beef and roasted vegetables.  Here’s what I like – “Croque Madame” – a latke, slice of ham and gruyere cheese, another latke and top the whole thing with fried or poached egg.  That sounds good to me!

Gotta’ dart out to the store and get this stuff.  I will get some apple sauce and sour cream, but caviar not in the budget!  Cheers!

Written by

Filed under: What's for Dinner? · Tags: , ,

3 Responses to "What’s for dinner? – April 19, 2011"

1. Gwen says:

Caviar’s seldom in the budget over here, also~!

2. Robby says:

Great piece of writing, I must say i await updates from you.

Leave a Reply